First, an enormous thank you to all of you playing Starfield and your support. We are absolutely blown away by the response and all you love about the game. We’re also reading all your great feedback on what you’d like to see improved or added to the game. This is a game we’ll be supporting for years and years to come, so please keep all the feedback coming! Even if we don’t get to your requests immediately, we’d love to do it in the future, like city maps. Our priority initially is making sure any top blocker bugs or stability issues are addressed, and adding quality-of-life features that many are asking for.
This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:
- Brightness and Contrast controls
- HDR Calibration Menu
- FOV Slider
- Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
- 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
- Eat button for food!
We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.
Additionally, we are working on our built-in mod support (Creations) that will work across all platforms similar to what we’ve done with Skyrim and Fallout 4. This full support is planned to launch early next year. Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know . Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.
Keep the feedback coming, we really do read it all, and thank you all again for taking this journey with us!
Bethesda Game Studios
Update Version 1.7.29 - Fixes and Improvements
Performance and Stability
- Xbox Series X|S Improved stability related to installations.
- Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
- Into the Unknown: Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
- Shadows in Neon: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
Link to tweet
News Todd Howard defends Starfield Xbox Series X/S exclusivity: "When you think of Zelda you think of the Switch"
News More than Skyrim or Fallout, Todd Howard says Starfield was "intentionally made to be played for a long time" and Bethesda's looking 5+ years ahead
News CDPR dev defends Starfield amid criticisms that its character animations don't match up to Cyberpunk 2077
A small update has gone out for Starfield on Xbox Series X|S, Microsoft Store, and Steam. This update addresses some issues with performance and stability as well as a few general gameplay issues. We are continuing to work on a larger update that will add features and improvements that we noted in our last update notes. Thank you so much for your continued feedback and support of Starfield and we look forward to a future with you on this journey.
Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
- AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Performance and Stability
- Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
- Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.
News Todd Howard says exploring planets in Starfield was much more punishing before Bethesda "nerfed the hell out of it"
A new update has been released for Starfield on all platforms. This update includes changes to Settings that allow for players to adjust their FOV as well as some other performance and stability improvements.
Thank you so much for your continued feedback and support of Starfield and we look forward to a future with you on this journey.
Starfield 1.7.36 Update - Fixes and Improvements
- FOV: Sliders are now available in Settings that allow players using first person or third person to adjust their FOV.
Performance and Stability
- [PC ONLY] Improved stability for Intel Arc GPUs.
- Various additional stability and performance improvements.
- Echoes of the Past: Addressed an issue where tunneling creatures could pick a location that would prevent progression.